Please, introduce yourself?
– Hey, I go by Madame Ashley
What got you into music and made you realize that it was your chosen path?
– Growing up, music was my way to escape from chaos in the world. I was basically in the studio with the OGs and went to every local show in my city. Dancing and free styling was my way to get pressure off my chest. It made me feel free. When I lost my kids father I went to a extremely dark place, where so much in my life happened in so little time. I tried to end my life at one point but it just didn’t feel like something I should do. I believe a guardian angel was looking over me that day because certain people I needed started to come around me which woke up something in me that was hidden for a long time. Music is my way of giving back to the world. Maybe there is someone who share my same pain and need to hear that they are not alone out here.
Tell us about your single. And what’s the story behind it?
– My new single is called Invested. During the whole pandemic a lot of my friends were outside having the best time of their lives. I stayed home and invested into my craft, my music and myself. So the song invested just basically talks about how we as artist should invest more into ourself as oppose to given our money and energy to others.
What makes your music unique? How would you describe it?
– My voice is different! I like to play with different tones. I like to act on the microphone. I describe my music as west coast, east coast and down south with touches of R&B, Drill Trap. Pop and Electronic is on my list as well
What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?
– Don’t stop keep going. The universe listens to all your wishes and desires. No matter what, never give up on yourself. No matter what someone says about you, never ever give up on you!
Who are your biggest musical influences? And any particular artist/band you would like to collaborate with in the future?
– My biggest inspirations are Aaliyah, Da Brat, Cardi B we share similar experiences.
If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
– Doesn’t matter your age size of color you can do and be anything! Keep following the things that makes your heart skip a beat.
What’s next for you? Any upcoming projects?
– I am currently working on an Ep following a full album. I have a summer vibe coming up in June that I am truly excited about. Keep up with me