Chloè Montana’s new single, “Bitter Sweet,” is set to drop on all streaming platforms on April 28th, and we had the chance to check it out before its official release.
With its emotive lyrics and soulful opening, “Bitter Sweet” is a powerful tribute that resonates Many music lovers can relate to the emotional impact of a powerful song, even if they haven’t had the chance to meet the artist behind it. Chloè Montana’s latest single, “Bitter Sweet,” is one of those songs that resonates deeply with listeners who have experienced the sudden loss of a loved one and the struggle to remain true to oneself amidst grief. The soulful opening and emotionally charged lyrics of the track create a poignant tribute that captures the essence of this difficult experience. It’s a song that reminds us of the power of music to connect us to our deepest emotions and to help us find the strength to keep going.
This soulful and emotionally charged track promises to be a powerful addition to Chloè Montana’s growing body of work. But before its official release, we had the opportunity to not only be one of the first blogs to listen, but also had the privilege to interview Chloè and delve into her creative process, the inspiration behind “Bitter Sweet,” and what sets her apart as a rising female rapper in the industry. So, without further ado, let’s get into the conversation
1. Can you tell us about the inspiration behind your new single, “Bitter Sweet”?
The inspiration behind the song bittersweet is the losses I’ve taken that have heavily impacted me as a person.
2. The song is said to be a reflection of your late husband. How did he influence the song, and what was the writing process like for you?
The song was not just inspired by my husband but also my parents and all those I love that are no longer here. But I used this song to get my true feelings out surrounding our love story. Not too much but just enough. The writing process was an emotional journey in its own because as I wrote the bars those feelings of pain kinda came back. I shed a few tears writing it and while listening to the finished product.
3. How has your personal experiences influenced the themes and message of the song?
Well, the bitter part is me having to actually continue living life without some very important people here with me, the sweet part is how far I’ve come, how I haven’t let anything stop me and how great the things ahead of me are about to be.
4. You mentioned that your husband’s passing was a catalyst for your music career. A. How has your music helped you cope with your loss?
My music is like that one person in the world I can talk to about ANYTHING. That’s where I lay my heart out unapologetically.
5. Can you walk us through the production process for “Bitter Sweet”? Did you work with any collaborators?
So, when I wrote this song, I was actually in the studio recording a different song, and I finished so I let the producer know I wanted to try to lay this hook I was working on, so he pulled up the beat and I laid the hook down, I liked it so I was like cool. I had no idea the sound would come out like this and have so much feeling in it. I sat on the hook for months because I didn’t quite know how I wanted to tell the story. Finally, one day I’m at home and I played the hook while piddling around the house, then the verses started flowing with ease, went back and laid ‘em down, got the song mixed til it came out Montana Approved. The hardest part about making a song is the actual rollout. You don’t know how the world is gone take it, you just hope they feel where you coming from.
6. What do you hope listeners take away from the song, and what do you want to communicate through your music?
I hope my listeners can relate to me on this soulful level, gotta open up your heart and your ears for this one.
7. What’s next for you in terms of upcoming projects or performances, and how do you see your music evolving in the future?
I do have things I’m coming out with, music merch and more visuals, I have a few performances so far in the coming weeks/ months so keep a look out for me.
8. How do you differentiate your style from other female rappers in the industry?
My style compared to the other female rap artist is a lil more harder than what people expect from me. It’s fun but caters to a wide range of fans. And I would also say it’s my voice, lol so many people tell me they love my voice. It’s the clear difference between me and them. Unique and original.
9. What practices do you have in place to stay grounded and focused on your music amidst the demands of the industry?
I use grounding and meditation, breathing exercises and stretching. Getting out in nature and doing things that don’t involving music all the time.
10. What can fans expect from your upcoming projects, and why should they listen and follow your journey in the rap scene?
The fans can expect more dope relatable music, more fun content. More ME.
“Bitter Sweet” is a testament to her strength and resilience, and it’s clear that Chloè Montana is an artist to watch in the world of rap music. Her raw talent and commitment to her craft are sure to take her far, and we can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next. So, mark your calendars for April 28th and be sure to give “Bitter Sweet” a listen on all streaming platforms.